Goal #1: Increase the presence of the Associated Student Government on campus and ensure that every Palomar College student and district member has access to our organization.
- Continue to recruit until all available ASG positions are filled.
- Attend and support Palomar events, especially those that are sponsored by the ICC, the OSA, sanctioned Palomar Clubs, and organizations that support student success (EOPS, Transfer Center, Health Center, etc.).
- Increase our digital media footprint through our website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Plan and execute community service projects within the district.
- Draft a sustainable marketing plan.
Goal #2: Ensure that the Palomar ASG is following recognized best practices in regard to our organizational policies and procedures.
- Thoroughly review our Constitution, bylaws, and policies to ensure they are complete and current, amend where necessary.
- Investigate other Districts’ policies regarding distance education participation and representation.
- Develop a plan to increase representation from the Palomar district’s education centers in Escondido and Rancho Bernardo (opening in the fall of 2017).
Goal #3: Actively participate in Palomar College’s shared governance structure to voice the will of the student body.
- Communicate with the student body to determine key social and legislative issues.
- Attend, participate and report on ASG shared governance responsibilities including committees and councils.
Goal #4: Be advocates in local, state and national legislative issues pertaining to community colleges.
- Support the Student Senate for California Community Colleges (SSCCC) through Region X meeting attendance and participation.
- Attend leadership and advocacy events/conferences.
- Be consistent advocates for student success.
Goal #5: Implement programs to increase student morale and pride in attending Palomar College.
- Continue to work to ensure access to free, clean drinking water for Palomar students, faculty, and staff.
- Work with Facilities, Veterans Services and the Governing Board to improve or replace the current Veterans Memorial.
- Work within the shared governance structure to increase student access to charging stations for electronics.
- Increase promotion of, and support for, competitive inter-collegiate activities including athletic and academic endeavors.
- Increase awareness of, involvement in, and creation of clubs on campus.