A.S.G. ELECTION PACKETS AVAILABLE NOW IN SU-201 FOR THE POSITION OF PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT & SENATOR
1) STEP ONE: • Pick up your ELECTION PACKET in SU-201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
• Last day to pick up an election packet application is April 25 at 10:00am
Election Packets serve three purposes. (1) It provides you with all of the information you will need to begin your election and candidacy process. (2) You must fill out your basic information so we may verify your eligibility and remain in contact with you. (3) Your election packet contains an endorsement form where you are required to obtain the signatures of 50 students at Palomar agreeing that they want you to represent them. Turn in the 50 signatures with the application portion of your packet to Marilyn in SU-201 before April 25, 2014 at 10am.
2) STEP TWO: Attend a CANDIDATES MEETING: Located in SU-104 (Required to attend at least one in order to be eligible to campaign on campus and attend election forums)
The candidate meetings are simply where you meet with the Election Committee (current members of the ASG) to discuss requirements, answer your questions and go over the process in detail. There are five dates available to attend a meeting.
• THURSDAY March 27, 2014 @ 11:00am in SU-203
• TUESDAY April 1, 2014 @ 11:00am in SU-104
• WEDNESDAY April 9, 2014 @ 3:00pm in SU-203
• MONDAY April 14, 2014 @ 12:00pm in SU-104
• FRIDAY April 25, 2014 @ 1:30pm in SU-104
3) STEP THREE: • ELECTION PACKET & LETTER OF LEADERSHIP: due April 25, 2014 no later than 12:00pm
• VERIFICATION OF LETTER OF LEADERSHIP: due April 25, 2014 4:00pm
Your letter of leadership is a statement of the leadership experience you have had in the past. This may include but is not limited to club experience, High school student government, volunteer work, playing on a sports team, speech and debate, etc. Include a reference for each piece of experience you provide.
(A reference includes the Individuals name & title, phone number, email, how long they have known you and your relationship to them.)
The verification is the responsibility of the election committee.
4) STEP FOUR: ELECTION FORUMS FOR CANDIDATES: • April 28 & 29, 2014 12:00-2:00pm in Student Union-Quad
Candidates are required to attend both forums where they will publicly announce their platforms and answer questions asked by the election committee, students and members of the public. It is a fun experience designed to let you share your ideas and platforms with your peers and for them to learn a little more about the ASG.
5) STEP FIVE: • ELECTION MATERIALS TEARDOWN & CAMPAIGN EXPENDITURE FORM: due May 1, 2014 @2:00pm
If you put up election materials they must come down by the stated date or the candidate is disqualified. The election committee will check the campus thoroughly to ensure all materials have been removed.
6) STEP SIX: • DON’T FORGET TO VOTE…ELECTION WEEK:
• VOTING online at www.palomar.edu: May 5, 2014 8:00am – May 8, 2014 11:59pm
• Election RESULTS posted: May 9, 2014
Voting is very simple and only takes 60 seconds. Go to Palomar’s website, click the link on the front page, enter your student ID and vote. There will also be a polling booth in SU-104 on the San Marcos Campus intermittently throughout the week.
If you have questions about voting email email@example.com.