Student Union Access: The ASG is in charge of keeping the calendar for the Student Union. Any club or group on campus wishing to use the Student Union/cafateria for a formal event must seek permission from the ASG board by requesting and agenda item.
Club Funds: The ASG also has funds specifically for the purpose of granting to Palomar clubs. If a club that is a mamber of the ICC wishes to request money they must do so in an ASG meeting.
**Deadline to submit: If you are a club, department or group on Palomar’s campus and are seeking to place a request for an ASG agenda item you must submit it by 12:00pm of the Thursday preceding the meeting you wish to attend.
If you are placing a Facilities Request:
1) Email the ASG President (Malik Spence) requesting an agenda item.
2) Specify which organization or group you are representing, the date you would like to request the student union, the time you will be occupying the space, and the purpose or event for which you will require it.
3) Attend the ASG meeting in which you are granted an item. Be prepared to answer questions about your request. The President will email yo to confirm your placement and will provide a copy of the agenda.
If you are placing a Monetary Request:
1) Email the ASG Financial Liaison (Amber Bancroft) to submit your request. Be sure to include the ASG President in the “TO” or “CC” line.
2) You will need to provide five items in order for the ASG to place you on the agenda and approve your request. The are as follows:
a) amount requested
b) Statement of request and reason/event
c) Monetary request form must be filled out and submitted prior to the meeting.
You may find this on the OSA website under “forms”
d) Proof of efforts to raise 50% of requested funds
e) statement of current account & balance
3) Submit these items to the Financial Liaison and the President before the meeting.
4) Attend the ASG meeting in which you are granted an item. Be prepared to answer questions about your request. The President will email yo to confirm your placement and will provide a copy of the agenda.