Information for Teachers
How to Request an Embedded Tutor
ESL teachers in critical need of support can contact their ESL program coordinator to arrange for a tutor to assist them in their classes. The critical need is defined as having a good size class or having a concrete plan to boost student retention and success rates. The embedded tutor will work in your class at least once a week and can be more fully embedded in your class, budget permitting. For more information about embedded tutoring, call (760)744-1150 ext. 2273.
Top Tips for Making the Most of Our ESL Tutors
Click here for a summary of top tips offered by participants at a spring 2011 roundtable. The tips cover both embedded tutoring and tutor referrals.
Assorted Files to Download
- Teacher - Embedded Tutor Agreement
- Writing Teacher's Recommendation for ESL Tutoring
- For ESL 45 / ESL 55 Faculty
- A Sample Teacher's Note to a Tutor
- A Sample Student Accountability Form
- A Learning Tool for Deeper Understanding of Reading Material
- Sample Directed Learning Activities (DLAs):
Yes/No Questions (Worksheet); Past, Present, and Present Progressive (Worksheet)
- Readers at the ESL Tutoring Center
- Business Cards for the ESL Tutoring Center
- ESL Tutoring Center Flyer
- Study Hall Flyer
- ELF Workshops
- Latest Newsletter
A Sample Tutoring Session
Click here to view a typical ESL tutoring session. ESL students will gain skills in collaboration with ESL tutors.
Click here to recognize a tutor who has made outstanding contributions to student success.
Click here to offer your suggestions so that we can improve our work.