Fashion is one of the largest, most well-established
industries in California. An education in Fashion
serves the individual by providing background necessary
for these careers throughout California and the United States.
Palomar’s Fashion Program provides appropriate
education to meet the needs of this vast industry
with Certificates and A.S. Degrees leading to potential
transfer to Baccalaureate institutions.
Palomar has four areas of emphasis at the present time:
• Fashion Buying and Management
• Fashion Design
• Fashion Merchandising
• Fashion Visual Merchandising
The Fashion program provides an environment which promotes critical thinking, creativity, multicultural
awareness, sensitivity to various learning styles,and an understanding of social, organizational, and
The goals of the program are:
- Identify and respond to the educational needs of the community/industry.
- Provide educational opportunities and program delivery systems to students needing nontraditional scheduling.
- Develop our programs to meet the emerging trends, needs, and technological advances of the fashion industry.
- Provide educational opportunities in the field of fashion for career employment, advanced study, professional development and lifelong learning.
- Strengthen partnerships between our Fashion Program, secondary/post secondary education segments, the business community, other academic disciplines, and professional associations.