Fashion is one of the largest, most well-established industries in California. An educationin Fashion serves the individual by providing background necessary for these careers throughout California and the United States. Palomar’s Fashion Program provides appropriate education to meet the needs of this vast industry with Certificates and A.A. Degrees leading to potential transfer to Baccalaureate institutions. Palomar has two areas of emphasis at the present time:
Fashion Merchandising and Fashion Design
The Fashion program provides an environment which promotes critical thinking, creativity, multicultural awareness, sensitivity to various learning styles, and an understanding of social, organizational, and technological systems.
The goals of the program are:
- Identify and respond to the educational needs of the community/industry.
- Provide educational opportunities and program delivery systems to students needing nontraditional scheduling.
- Develop our programs to meet the emerging trends, needs, and technological advances of the fashion industry.
- Provide educational opportunities in the field of fashion for career employment, advanced study, professional development and lifelong learning.
- Strengthen partnerships between our Fashion Program, secondary/post secondary education segments, the business community, other academic disciplines, and professional associations.