| Assessment -First Chance
is the process the college uses to evaluate your skills in
areas such as Reading, Writing, Math, and English as a Second
tests are given several times throughout the year, but you
can only take the test once per year. Assessment , along with
advisement and orientation, using Asset or COMPASS, takes
approximately 3-1/2 hours, and includes receiving results.
Use the information below to schedule your test.
|Assessment Scheduling Procedure
- Submit an application for admission before making an appointment.
- Make an appointment online at the following website:
|Note: No one will be admitted after
assessment has begun. Students may find location prior
to their appointment time.
|Math Center Backup Placement -Second/Last
|If you did not receive the required
score to get into the class you desire, you can schedule and
take a backup placement test in the Math Learning Center. You
can only take this test once a year, so it is recommended that
the study material before taking the test.
Math Learning Center Location: E-2
Phone: 760- 744-1150 ext. 2718
Testing times for Spring 2014
From Jan 21, 2014 to
May 2, 2014
at 12:00pm or
3:30pm, 4:00pm, 4:30pm,
- Study Materials are available online at http://www2.palomar.edu/math/mlc/.
- You must bring valid picture identification. (Example:
PIC, Driver’s License, Military ID, etc.) You will NOT
be allowed to take the exam without verifiable identification.
- Bring pencils. Scratch paper will be provided as needed.
- Calculators are not allowed on the test. An appropriate calculator
will appear on the screen, if a problem requires its use.
- Cell-phones or electronic devices are not allowed during
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the starting time
- You will know your placement immediately after the test.