|Important: Anyone wishing to
use the Math Learning Center that is not enrolled in a self-taught
math class must register in N BASC 202 (Supervised Tutoring).
N BASC 202 is a zero unit and zero credit class that will not
show on your transcript.
You can use Palomar
College Online Services to register for this class. The
section number is #33614 for Spring 2013.
|All students enrolled in a math
class at Palomar College are eligible for free tutoring in the
Math Center. Upon entering the Math Center, students should
sign in at the Front Counter computer by either swiping their
valid PIC card or by entering their Palomar ID number. When
exiting students should sign out the same way. For tutoring
help students can either raise their hand or come to the Front
Counter. There are usually two tutors and one instructor on
|We have the following items available for
check out and use in the Math Center:
- Scientific Calculators
- A few graphing calculators
- Rulers, Protractors, and 1 compass
- Books on Reserve
- Software on Reserve
- Some instructors may leave study guides, quiz keys or
exam keys at the Front Counter for checkout. Please check
with your instructor.
- There is a stapler and pencil sharpener available for
Note: To check out calculators, books, study guides, quizzes
or exams keys left by an Instructor, you must have a valid
|Materials on Reserve in the Library, San Marcos Campus
- Math 15 -Prealgebra by Aufmann, Barker, Lockwood, 3rd ed.: 10 Videotapes.
- Math 60 -Intermediate Algebra by Martin-Gay, 3rd ed.: 21 Videotapes.
- Math 100 -Survey of Mathematics by Allen, Angel and Porter:
9 CD’s & 8 Videotapes