Riverside/San Bernardino Training Center
The Riverside/San Bernardino Training Center offers training for Electricians and Sound Communications Systems Installers. The training center is located at:
1855 Business Center Drive
San Bernardino, California, 92408.
The phone number is (909) 890-1703.
The Training Coordinator is Rick Purper.
A five-year apprenticeship program. Electricians install conduit, electrical wiring, fixtures and electrical devices inside commercial buildings and in a multitude of industrial settings. Graduates of the Electrician apprenticeship program become Journeyman Electricians. Major duties for Electrician include:
- Planning and initiating projects
- Establishing temporary power during construction
- Establishing grounding systems
- Installing electrical service to buildings and other structures
- Establishing power distribution with a project
- Planning and installing raceway systems
- Installing new wiring and repairing old wiring
- Providing power and controls to motors, HVAC, and other equipment
- Installing receptacles, lighting systems, and fixtures
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical systems
- Installing and repairing traffic signals, outdoor lighting and outdoor power feeders
- Installing fire alarm systems
Basic Qualifications for Entrance
The following documents MUST be submitted upon filling out the application for you to be considered as an eligible applicant.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- A birth certificate showing that you are least 18 years of age.
- Official, unopened, transcripts showing that you have passed one year (two semesters) of High School Algebra, or one semester of College Algebra, with a passing grade of ‘C’ or better.
To qualify for an oral interview, an applicant must meet the following basic requirements.
- You must have a qualifying score on the Written Aptitude Test that is administered by the Electrical Training Trust.
- You must be physically able to perform electrical construction work.
Follow these links to find out more about: