Palomar College American Indian Studies
2014 Scholarship Application for
THOMAS J. BALLEW AND DOLORES C. BALLEW
SCHOLARSHIP FOR AMERICAN INDIANS
$500 PER SEMESTER
Requirements for eligibility:
- Enrolled a minimum of ¾ time (9 units) in the Fall at Palomar College.
- Evidence of successfully passing two courses in American Indian Studies while at Palomar College. Courses must be taken just before or during the scholarship year.
- Educational Plan includes AA or AIS Certificate or Transfer.
- Cumulative GPA minimum of 2.0 from Palomar or other institutions.
- Attach most recent unofficial transcripts from Palomar College or other institutions.
- Enrolled member of one of the nine reservations served by the Palomar District or a first-generation descendent of one of the nine reservations. May be enrolled in another tribe, and resides on one of the nine reservations. A letter from tribal government, BIA or other certified documents as a supplement required.
- One-page essay outlining your interest in your area of study, your career intentions, and any awards.
- Attach two letters of recommendation: one for academic potential, one as a character reference/recommendation.
- Attach a biography.
- Attach a statement of need, which must include why the scholarship is important to you.
This application and all required attached documents must be submitted to the American Indian Studies Office (MD-140 or MD-144), or faxed (760—761-3564) no later than June 15th 2014.