Posted by David Gray in Blackboard, Course Management, How-To
on Nov 28th, 2012 4:59 pm | Comments Off
As the Fall term draws to a close, quite a bit of grading is going on. If you’ve just spent the last two hours at your computer punching in student grades, this might be a good time to back up that work.
If you’re already in your course site now, just follow these 6 simple steps to create a grade backup:
- Go to the “Full Grade Center” view, so you can see the whole grade grid for your course.
- Over on the upper right of the grid, open up the “Work Offline” menu, then choose “Download”.
- If you are hiding student grades in the grade grid, be sure to “Include Hidden Information” in section 2 of the Download grades options. If not, then the default setting are all you should need.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- Click the “DOWNLOAD” button in the upper left corner of the Download Grades screen.
- Save the file onto your computer, somewhere you will find it should you ever have need.
Hopefully you’ll never need a backup of your grades, but hope and a backup will get you more than just hope.