Starting out another semester, and it’s time for a reminder about a few Blackboard tasks that might have slipped your busy minds:
- Faculty log into Blackboard using their “email name” as the username; typically this is your first initial and last name. Using the nine-digit number will only allow student access to your courses.
- Students will not be able to access your course sites until you make them available. The easiest way to make multiple courses available is using the Instructor Quick Tools.
- If you want to copy materials from an older course into your Spring 2014 course site, start off by going into the OLD course, and use the Course Copy tool under Packages and Utilities to copy into the new course.
- There is a delay between when a student enrolls (or drops) your course, and when they appear on (or vanish from) the roster in Blackboard. The maximum expected time delay is three hours, so the time lag is noticeable.
- Student email addresses come from eServices into Blackboard, so you may want to have your students check eServices to be sure their correct email addresses are listed as the Preferred address. Otherwise they may never see your emails!
- Faculty and students can get Blackboard help by using our ATRC Helpdesk system. Just open a ticket; that’ll get you help soonest.
And, of course, keep checking our blog and website at https://www.palomar.edu/atrc/ for news and updates throughout the semester. Have a great Spring term!