Students pursuing an Associate in Science for Transfer in Business degree (AS-T Business) may now take BUS 136, Personal Finance, to meet the Area E requirement, beginning Fall 2015. Please consult your Palomar counselor for further information about this requirement.
Learn how to develop successful financial skills that will have an immediate and future impact on your life and increase your chances for achieving long-term financial security!
Some of the areas that will be covered in the course are:
• Money management/budgeting
• Introduction to personal income taxation
• Comparison of banks and other financial institutions and the services they provide
• Assessing the different types of consumer credit, including credit cards and loans
• Strategies for getting a good deal when purchasing or leasing an automobile
• Selecting and financing housing
• Strategies for purchasing different types of insurance:
• Stocks, bonds and mutual funds, including participation in a simulated investment game where prizes will be awarded to the winners
• Retirement and estate planning
• Time value of money concepts
• Movie day, including refreshments!
• And many more….!!!
The course will be taught by Joel Glassman, CPA, CFP®. If you have any questions about the course, please contact Joel at email@example.com or
(760) 744-1150 x2500.