BUSINESS DEPARTMENT SPRING 2015 SOCIAL
When: Thursday, January 15th from 2:30 to 4:00 PM
Where: MD Building THIRD floor (inside the BUS ADMIN Dept hallway)
What: Cookies, drinks, and other snacks for students, a fun game, see where our offices are, and celebrate the promise of a new semester.
We look forward to seeing you!
Click image to enlarge
Enroll in a hands-on, interactive and practical skills class These keyboarding courses on the computer include:
- Introduction to computer hardware and software.
- Practice of good keyboarding techniques.
- Touch typing of alphabetic keyboard.
- Location and correct fingering of numeric, symbol, and punctuation keys.
- Basic document formatting on Word 2013
- Development of proofreading skills.
Are you afraid of new technology? Or, do you think you need a computer geek?
All you need to know about hardware components, software applications, electronic communication, and networking is covered in INTRODUCTION TO OFFICE INFORMATION SYSTEMS (BUS 120 formerly OIS 120)—a great course to begin your computer learning!
Enroll in BUS 120 for hands-on training which includes:
- The computer Industry: history, careers, and ethics
- Computer and digital basics
- Computer hardware and software
- Operating systems and file management
- Networking basics
- The Internet, Web, and Email
- Digital media
- Information systems analysis and design
- Basics of computer programming
- Analysis of the role of information technology in the workplace
At the end of the semester, you may be eligible to take the IC3 Digital Literacy Certification for FREE!
Date/Time: Monday 6-8:50 pm 01/12—05/18/2015
Instructor: Nancy March email@example.com
For a copy of a Flyer click here
Click image to enlarge
IBUS 100-INTRODUCTION TO INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT surveys the international dimension of business including trade, financial, economic, cultural framework, foreign investment patterns, and international managerial problems and policies at the corporate level. Also covers the role of the international manager with regard to entering foreign markets and supervising operations in existing markets, and the pros and cons of protectionism. Click here to register for Spring 2015!
- Units: (3)
- Recommended preparation: BUS 100
- Transfer acceptability: CSU
- Instructor: A. Armistead
- Dates: 01-12 to 05-18-15
- Time: Thursday 6:30 to 9:20 pm
- Room: MD-332
For more information visit our website www.palomar.edu/business
New for Spring 2015, BUS 152 – Social Media for Business will explore and use social media from a business perspective.
This class will help you to develop a social media strategy to promote a business, build strong customer relationships, and coordinate a common message across multiple channels. Strategic and tactical review of the major social networking platforms will be reviewed in order to drive business goals and create a personal brand online.
This 12-week, late start (1/28/15 through 4/22/15), hybrid class will meet once a week on Wednesday afternoons from 2:00 pm to 3:50 pm in MD 332. Additional coursework will be conducted online through Blackboard. Click here to register for Spring 2015!
For more information contact Linda Amor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to all of you who participated In the First Business Department Social. Click on the following video to take a look of the great time we had!
Need units? Enroll in these LOW COST TEXTBOOK COURSES. Please email Instructor for details
|Class Name||Section #||Instructor Email
TTH 11:00-12: 50 pm
MD-334 San Marcos
TTH 12:15-1: 05 pm
Access for Business
Enroll in PERSONAL FINANCE BUS 136/FCS 136 and become eligible to WIN PRIZES!!!
Some of the areas that will be covered in the course are:
- Money management/budgeting
- Strategies for getting a good deal when purchasing or leasing an automobile
- Selecting and financing housing
- Stocks, bonds and mutual funds, including participation in a simulated investment game where prizes will be awarded to the winners
- Retirement and estate planning
- Time value of money concepts
- And many more….!!! Click here for more details
The course will be taught by Joel Glassman, CPA, CFP®
MW from 1230-150 pm in MD-332
If you have any questions about the course, please contact Joel at email@example.com or (760) 744-1150 x2500