Listed below are the instructions for payment and removal of property. Please read our Terms and Conditions of Sale for complete information.
Public Surplus collects all payments for Palomar College. If you choose to pay with a credit card please follow the instructions below. The credit card limit per transaction is $2,000.00. For payments larger than this amount, please follow the instructions listed under Manual Payment.
Log in to the Public Surplus site. Click on “My Stuff” and then click on “Past Bids”. Click on the description of the auction and then click on “Pay Online” link located on the right hand side of the screen. Follow the steps to complete the transaction. A receipt will be emailed to you once the payment has cleared. All major credit cards, PayPal and e-Checks are accepted.
For payments over $2,000.00 and any other non-credit card payments follow the instructions below.
- Send your payment along with a copy of the “Notice of Award” (emailed from PublicSurplus.com) to Public Surplus, LLC at the following address(s):
Public Surplus L.L.C.
P.O. Box 50676
Provo UT 84605
or Courier Address (FedEx, DHL, UPS ONLY):
Public Surplus L.L.C.
1503 S. 40 E., Suite 350
Provo UT 84606
- Your check should be made payable to Public Surplus, LLC marked with the Auction number. Accepted forms of payment are Certified Check, Cashiers Check or Money Orders. Payments need to be received by Public Surplus within five (5) business days of notification of award.
- If you need to do a wire transfer please call Public Auction at 801-932-7000 and ask for buyers support to work out the details for this transaction. Once payment is received the same instructions apply as with manual payment.
- Public Surplus will notify you upon receipt of payment.
Make an Appointment
Contact us at email@example.com to make an appointment to pick up your property. It is very important to make an appointment. If you have no appointment and staff is not available to help you, you will be required to return for your property at a later date.
- Awarded items must be removed within 10 business days from the date of the Notice of Award (emailed by Public Surplus). Pickup hours are by appointment only from 9 a.m. to 12 noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday, excluding legal holidays. See the Campus Map for the location of the Warehouse.
- You are required to present the ‘Notice of Award’, your ‘Paid Receipt’ and a valid picture ID. You will need to bring these with you or the auction item(s) will not be released to you.
- If you are having a third party pick up your auction item(s), that person will need all of the items listed above (photo copies are acceptable) plus a note from you, the designated “winning bidder,” specifically naming that person as your authorized representative, along with their own valid picture ID.
- The person picking up the property is responsible to perform all work necessary, including packing, loading and transporting the awarded property from Palomar College property. Under no circumstances will Palomar College assume responsibility for packing, loading or shipping. All items must be removed in their entirety with no debris or unwanted equipment or vehicle(s) left on District property. Buyer assumes liability for all damage resulting from loading or transporting on District property.
Bidders that fail to pay for and/or remove items from the District’s premises within the specified time shall forfeit their rights to the auction item and be declared a default bidder. The District may ban a default bidder from participating in future online auction events. If the purchaser fails to pay for the property within five business days or if unclaimed by the successful bidder within ten business days, the District reserves the right to re-auction the item.