by Tere Hogan-Egkan
Here are a few things to help your semester be successful!
- Parking permits are required. Without one, you will get a ticket. Arrive early. Parking is crazy the first two weeks of the semester!
- Buy your textbooks ASAP (if you cannot afford to buy your books at the start of the semester, ask your instructor if a copy can be put on reserve in the library). Search for your books online as well!
- Get organized! Use a calendar, plan each day of the week so you will know what you need to be doing! Use time after class to study.
- Don’t miss the first day of classes or you may be dropped!
- Be sure you pay all class fees. If you added courses you might need to pay additional fees.
- You can still apply for financial aid throughout the year.
- Be familiar with the drop dates and deadlines.
- Exchange email and phone information with a classmate. This is your connection in case you miss class.
- Check your Palomar College email account through eServices regularly. Important college information goes to this account.
Your path to graduation begins on the first day!
See more Advice from Counselors