How to Apply?
Program Minimum Requirements
Minimum of 18 years old
High school graduate, GED, or college degree ( proof is required with application– Copies of HS diploma are accepted)
- Attend an RDA Orientation (See orientation schedule on the Orientations tab above)
- Enroll as Palomar College student
- *Complete prerequisite classes, DA 50 & DA 57, with a ‘C’ or better (Applications of students attending prerequisite courses will be accepted)
- *Complete or show eligibility for English 50, 100 or ESL 103 with a ‘C’ or better
- *Minimum GPA of 2.0 ( 2.5 for 2019 Applicants)
- Have excellent hearing, vision and communication skills
Complete application packets require:
- Completed Palomar College RDA Application (both sides)
- Proof of High School Diploma, GED or College Degree This is a requirement of our programs Accreditation and the ADA.
- All College Transcripts (other than Palomar College) Official transcripts are required!
*Program requirements may change starting for Fall 2019 applicants due to accreditation requirements. Changes will be posted as soon as possible.
Possible new requirements:
- English 100 passed before starting the RDA program
- SPCH 100 or SPCH 115 passed before starting the RDA Program
2018 RDA APPLICATION PACKETS FOR A SPACE IN THE FALL 2018 PROGRAM WERE ACCEPTED April 13- 20, 2018
2019 RDA Application for a space in the 2019 Program dates: TBD
Completed application packets are only accepted by postal or campus mail addressed to:
Palomar College – Dental Assisting
1140 W Mission Rd
San Marcos, CA 92069
The campus mail box is located int he A building across from the cashiers.
Applications received early will be returned
If offered a space in the Dental Assisting Program, applicants will be required to:
- Complete and return medical, immunization, dental and vision forms
- Get CPR-BLS for healthcare providers certification
Then, official acceptance to the program will be determined and you can enroll in the RDA classes!