How to Apply?
Program Minimum Requirements
Minimum of 18 years old
High school graduate, GED, or college degree ( proof is required with application- Copies of HS diploma are accepted)
- Attend a RDA Orientation (See orientation schedule on the Orientations tab above)
- Enroll as Palomar College student
- *Pass prerequisite classes, DA 50 & DA 57, with a ‘C’ or better (Applications of students attending prerequisite courses will be accepted)
- *Pass or show eligibility for English 50, 100 or ESL 103 with a ‘C’ or better
- *Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Have excellent hearing, vision and communication skills
Complete application packets require:
- Completed Palomar College RDA Application (both sides)
- Proof of High School Diploma, GED or College Degree
- All College Transcripts (other than Palomar College)
*Program requirements may change starting for Fall 2018 applicants due to CODA, ADA or DANB accreditation requirements. Changes will be posted as soon as possible.
Possible new requirements: English 100 or ESL 103 , Comm 100 & minimum GPA of 2.5
RDA APPLICATION PACKETS FOR A SPACE IN THE FALL 2017 PROGRAM WILL BE ACCEPTED April 13th-April 20th 2017
Completed application packets are only accepted by postal or campus mail addressed to:
Palomar College – Dental Assisting 1140 W Mission Rd San Marcos, CA 92069
Applications received early will be returned
If offered a space in the Dental Assisting Program, applicants will be required to:
- Complete and return medical, immunization, dental and vision forms
- Get CPR-BLS for healthcare providers certification
Then, official acceptance to the program will be determined and you can enroll ito the RDA classes!