Palomar College offers WordPress sites to all faculty and staff. You will be able to create an ad for your event or class on a WordPress page. This enables each person to update and edit their specific information. Your WordPress ad will allow me to link a button from the Palomar College homepage to your class or event information. All I need from you is the URL to your WordPress page.
How to Create a Palomar College WordPress Site:
- Sign in for a WordPress site by going to http://www2.palomar.edu/pages/
- Click on the “Log in” link in the menu on the right hand side of the page.(META > Log In)
- Enter your Palomar College username (without the ‘@palomar.edu’) In most cases, your first initial and last name is your username. Then enter your Palomar College email password. Then click the “Log in” button.
Create an Ad:
Choose the Dashboard to edit or add a new page, blog or other information to your WordPress site.
You will need to create a new page for your advertisement. Click on “Add New” under the “Pages” section of the Dashboard menu. (left menu panel)
- Give your ad a title in the Enter title here window. Example: “Creating an Ad using WordPress”
- Type in all registration information and contact information that a student would need to register for a class or event in the body text area. Pretty much all the information a student would see in the class schedule. Example: class #, dates, times, room #, instructions about the class, material fees, textbook, URLs, your email address, office hours, phone #, description of class or event, pictures, etc. Click the Kitchen Sink icon to see all the formating choices.
- Click the “Save Draft” button to save your work.
- Click the “Preview” button to view your work in a browser.
- After you have finished adding and editing all your information, click the “Publish” button.
- Email me the URL to your ad information. And I will then make a link from the Palomar College homepage to your WordPress page.
- View ad page and select & copy the URL address. Example of a URL – See Sande Andre’s URL address below.
- Open an Outlook email message and paste the URL in the message text area.
- In the subject line type: WordPress Ad and send it to me.
See Sande Andre’s ID 125 ad.
Give me a call or email me if you have more questions about creating an ad.
(760) 744-1150 x2644