1. What is the scholarship deadline?
The scholarship application for 2014-15 deadline is Feb 11, 2014
2. How do I apply?
Log into Student eServices and click on “Apply for Scholarship.” Then, complete the online application. There will not be a paper application, so it must be completed online.
3. What if I don’t have a computer at home?
Computers are located in the Library, LL-2ll, Career Center in room SU-17, and multiple computer labs around campus.
4. What if I am handicapped and can not type?
The Disability Resource Center (formerly known as Disabled Students Programs & Services) is available to help you. DRC is located in the DSPS building.
5. Where is the Scholarship Disbursement Office located?
The financial aid office is responsible for scholarship disbursement and is located in the SSC (Student Services Center).
6. How will I be notified if I am a winner?
Winners are notified by mail by the Palomar College Foundation/Scholarship Disbursement Office or by the outside scholarship donor. Please make sure you have activated your free Palomar student email account located on your student eServices page. We send all email communications to your Palomar email account
7. Will I receive a check on Honors Night?
No. Most awards presented at Honors Night are for the upcoming Fall Semester and will be disbursed in August or September.
8. How do I get access to my scholarship funds?
Scholarship awards vary in how they are disbursed. Review the scholarship criteria. Take your award letter to the Palomar Financial Aid Office in the SSC Building and speak to a specialist, or call us at 760-891-7510. You may also email us from your Palomar student email account if you have questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Can my scholarship pay for my fees, books, and parking?
Yes! Contact the Palomar College Financial Aid Office as soon as you are registered for classes. Do not assume that your fees will be automatically paid by your scholarship. You must contact the Palomar College Financial Aid Office to make arrangements for the disbursement of your scholarship funds.
10. Where can I find out about other outside scholarships
Information on outside scholarships is available on our Outside Scholarships website
11. How do I get assistance on completing the scholarship application? Are there any workshops
Yes, there are scholarship workshops available that will provide tips on completing the application. Click on Workshops to view a scholarship workshop schedule. There is no need to sign up for the one (1) hour workshop, just stop by. All workshops are held in the Governing Board Room (Student Services Building).
12. Can I attach other documents to support my scholarship application?
No, only the scholarship letter of recommendation may be attached to the application. If applicable be sure to include Request for your transcripts from other colleges
13. Do I submit an application for each Palomar College scholarship?
No, you will automatically be considered for all scholarships administered by Palomar College.
Any Additional questions, please come in to our office in the Student Services Center (SSC-1), call us at (760) 891-7510 or send us an email from your Palomar student email account to email@example.com