Palomar College Fitness Center Member Policies and Procedures
As a member you will enjoy extended hours, various holiday usages, as well as, use of the showers and locker rooms!
•The Palomar College Fitness Center reserves the right to amend policies, procedures, and prices from time to time as needed.
Freezing Your Membership
Memberships may be frozen for a minimum of one month. A Freeze Form must be completed. See a FC Staff member for details.
All residents of San Diego County receive 3 FREE day passes per year (Must be 18 years or older).
- Month-to-Month memberships include a $10.00 Admin. fee that is due upon signing and each lapse in membership.
- All memberships begin on the 1st or the 15th of the month.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL AND ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE REGARDLESS OF USAGE.
- Fees are due the 1st of each month.
- A $5.00 late fee will be charged for all payments received after the 5th
- If you do not pay the month’s fee by the 15th, your membership will be lapsed and the administration fee will be restated plus the normal monthly rate.
The Palomar College Fitness Center reserves the right to cancel a member’s membership and/or membership contract for any or all of the following reasons:
- If the member is found guilty of stealing equipment, supplies, money, or any other property of the Palomar College Fitness Center. Fees will not be refunded.
- If a member is physically violent towards any other member, student, instructor or staff member in the Fitness Center.
- If a member is verbally abusive towards any member, student, instructor or staff member in the Fitness Center.
- All fees are non-refundable. If you would like to transfer your membership to another person a $10.00 transfer fee will be charged.
- Member agrees to pay dues, regardless of actual use, until their membership term expires.
- Members are responsible to give the Palomar College Fitness Center written notices of any and all address changes. Failing to give notice presumes that all communication/billing is received.
- All members must check in at the front desk prior to exercising.
- Lockers are only for day use. Locks and personal items must be removed the same day of use. Members may use the brown lockers also. Palomar College Fitness Center is not responsible for any lost, left or stolen items.
- The only personal items allowed on the exercise floor are plastic or aluminum bottles containing water, a towel and music electronics (w/ear phones). Please don’t take Gatorades, fruit juices and/or protein drinks on to the exercise floor. All gym bags, purses, keys etc. must be placed in a locker.
- There is no smoking allowed in any area of the Fitness Center.
- All children must remain seated at a table and refrain from entering the exercise area.
- Members and guests must be at least 18 years of age. Guests that live in San Diego North County receive three free visits per year. All guests must sign a Liability Waiver Form prior to exercise.
- The Palomar College Fitness Center urges all members to seek medical clearance from their physician before starting any type of exercise program.