Summer Bridge is a program whose goal is to assist dedicated students in improving their skills in ESL or Math. At the end of the program, the students will have an opportunity to be re-assessed to determine if they have placed higher in the subject area.
The Summer Bridge curriculum consists of two separate tracks: one for ESL and one for math. Each track also provides instruction in reading and college success skills. Students work with faculty from each discipline and are supported by tutors at all times.
- Review ESL and/or Math with potential to increase placement
- Form meaningful connections with students, staff and faculty
- Participate in special activities and receive support throughout the year
- Become familiar with the campus, student services, and available resources
- Receive Fall registration assistance on July 1 and July 2
ESL Jam will be held June 17 – July 11, 2013
MATH Jam I will be held June 17 – July 11, 2013
MATH Jam II will be held July 15 – August 1, 2013
*All class sessions are held Monday – Thursday from 9am – 3pm. Your attendance and commitment to the program is required.
New, returning and continuing students are encouraged to apply. To be eligible, you must:
- Submit an Application for Admissions to Palomar College
- Complete the assessment test and place in the appropriate level
- Complete the Summer Bridge application
ESL Jam is open to students who have placed in ESL 55 or ESL 101
Math Jam is open to students who have placed in Math 15 through Math 135
**A WAIT LIST HAS STARTED FOR MATH JAM I AND MATH JAM II.**
To apply, complete the Summer Bridge application. The application deadline has been extended to May 17, 2013. Space is limited so apply early!
There is no enrollment fee for this non-credit course. Students enrolled in the Summer Bridge program are required to pay the state-mandated student health fee by the end of the first week of the program (* $16 for Summer 2013). In addition, Summer Bridge students planning to drive and park on campus will need to purchase their summer parking permit.
*Health fee subject to change
Click here to download our Summer Bridge informational flyer.
For more information, contact us at 760-744-1150 ext. 3931 or email email@example.com