|Are you looking for top quality education with small class sizes, passionate instructors, opportunity to complete an A.S. degree or credit for transfer to a university, all at an affordable tuition rates? You found it. Welcome to the Geology Program at Palomar Community College!
- What we offer: The Geology program at Palomar College offers a complete range of opportunities and experiences to develop an understanding and appreciation for the dynamic earth process and the physical world around us. These include lecture classes, laboratory classes, supplemental weekend field trips and longer field courses.
- Small Class Sizes: In the geology department at Palomar there is no sitting in a lecture hall of 200+ students and being another face in the crowd. Palomar’s small class sizes provide the optimal environment for student/instructor interaction.
- Affordable: Palomar Community prides itself on providing high-quality education at rates students can afford.
- Location: Located in the Natural Sciences building on the main campus in San Marcos, some the country’s most exciting and complex geology is right in our own backyard, providing the ideal opportunity to see geologic process at work.
- Earn an A.S Degree: Through this program students can earn Associates of Sciences (A.S.) degree, which can be used to gain employment or in preparation for transfer to a university.
- Credit Transfer: Looking to gather some credits before transferring to a university? Palomar College has agreements with a number of schools, both in the San Diego and throughout the state, that accept the geology credits earned at Palomar College.
Whether you are looking to pursue a career in Geology or just want to explore the world around you, join us, and invent yourself, with Palomar College’s Geology Program.
Geology Course Offerings
Geology 100 Introductory Geology
Geology 100L Introductory Geology Lab
Geology 110 Geology of the National Parks & Monuments
Geology 120 Planets, Moons, and Comets
Geology 150 Dinosaurs and Earth History
Geology 150L Dinosaurs and Earth History Lab
Geology 195 Regional Field Studies
Geology 197 Geology Topics
Geology 295 Directed Studies in Geology
Careers in Geoscience
Information regarding career opportunites, areas of speciality, who hires geologists, salary ranges, and job outlooks are included in this pdf document.