Thank you for your interest in the Palomar College GIS Program. You can pursue a certificate of proficiency, a certificate of achievement, or an associate of science degree in GIS at Palomar College. While program completion time may vary depending on your schedule and course load, typical completion times for a part-time student are as follow:
- Certificate of Proficiency (5 courses): 2 semesters
- Certificate of Achievement (8 courses): 3 semesters
- Associate of Science degree (60 units): 4-5 semesters
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography (in conjunction with Marshall University): 8 semester
Please have a look at the program brochure for more details about our program. There is no formal application process for the Palomar GIS program. Students who wish to complete the GIS program will need to complete the required courses, and petition for the certificate or graduation approximately 3 months before the end of their last semester in the program.
- Palomar College Schedule of Courses
- Palomar College Admission Application