Classified Unit Classification Study: Approval and Implementation
The District distributed final results memoranda to classified employees whose positions were reviewed in the study via intercampus mail on 10/31/2016. Results were sent to supervisory employees via email on 11/4/2016.
Note regarding positions selected for reevaluation: The reevaluation process began on 11/17/2017. Documents to participate in the process were sent via email to employees and their supervisors on that date. The final results employees receive from Human Resource Services are subject to change pending completion of the reevaluation process.
Note regarding positions excluded from the study: The District is currently reviewing all positions, including vacancies, that were excluded from the study to determine appropriate placement within the new classification structure. Ratification of these results is currently expected at the 12/13/2016 Governing Board meeting, although that timeframe is subject to change.
The Governing Board authorized implementation of the classified unit classification study at its meeting on September 13, 2016. The following documents provide details about the implementation process.
- Classified Unit Classification Study Implementation Memo sent 9/15/2016 from Mike Popielski and Dan Dryden
- Memorandum of Understanding signed 8/24/2016 between CCE/AFT and the District regarding study implementation
- Memorandum of Understanding signed 8/1/2013 between CCE/AFT and the District regarding the agreement to conduct the study and distribution of “me too” funds
- Final allocation of positions reviewed in study ratified by the Governing Board on 9/15/2016 (Note: this list only includes positions that were reviewed in the study. Positions that were excluded from the study will be reviewed in accordance with the stated guidelines in the Classified Unit Classification Study Implementation Memo.)
Questions regarding study implementation may be directed to Shawna Cohen, Manager, EEO and Compliance at ext. 2608 or email@example.com, or contact a CCE/AFT representative.
Classification Study Updates and Correspondence
- Update #14: Completion of Study (1/19/2016)
- Update #13: Compensation Phase Update and Revised Study Timeline (12/1/2015)
- Update #12: Final Steps in Classification Study (11/10/2015)
- Update #11: Updated Class Study Timeline (9/3/2015)
- Update #10: Updated Class Study Timeline (8/18/2015)
- Update #9: Extension to Feedback Deadline for Draft Class Specifications (7/23/2015)
- Update #8: Class Specifications Distribution Overview (6/2/2015)
- Update #7: Progress on Classification Specifications (4/16/2015)
- Update #6: RSG Presentation to Governing Board and Updated Study Timeline (3/12/2015)
- Update #5: Classification Structure and Class Specification Review (2/20/2015)
- Update #4: Classification Recommendations and Next Steps (1/26/2015)
- Update #3: Class Study Orientation Schedule (8/6/2014)
- Memo from President Deegan to Classified Staff, 8/6/2014
- Update #2: Class Study Orientations Update (7/28/2014)
- Update #1: Consulting Firm Selected (7/11/2014)
Classification Study Historical Documents
Salary Survey Recommendations
RSG has provided the following documents to the District regarding the salary survey conducted during the study and its recommendations:
- RSG Salary Survey Report (all classifications – REVISED to correct information for two classes on 2/17/2016 and one class on 3/31/2016 – contact Shawna Cohen for details)
- RSG Salary Survey Report (benchmark classifications only)
- RSG Explanation of Benchmarks Data
- RSG Benchmarks Data Sheets
- RSG Benefits Survey Report
- List of Proposed Classification Titles (Note: All titles listed in this document were preliminary. Final proposed titles will be indicated in the class specifications that are distributed to employees.)
Classification Study Orientation by Reward Strategy Group