Departments are responsible for downloading and completing the Short-term Employment Action Form prior to sending the employee to Human Resources.
Effective December 8, 2014, Departments will no longer need to print packets and the forms will no longer be available online. Please Read
Effective July 1st, 2009, all Short-term employee applicants are required to complete the following hiring requirements. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Short-term applicants must complete a Student and Short-Term Application.
- If the department extends a tentative offer of employment to a Short-term applicant, the department must complete a Short-term Employment Action Form and obtain all the appropriate signatures.
- Fingerprinting is now required for all Short-term employee applicants. The applicant must turn in his/her application along with the completed action form to Human Resource Services in order to received the Request for Live Scan (fingerprint) form. Short-term applicants are responsible for the costs associated with this process.
- Human Resource Services must receive and review the Live Scan/fingerprint report prior to the department offering a formal offer of employment.
- Hiring paperwork will still be required to be completed prior to beginning employment, but only after the Live Scan/fingerprint report is reviewed and cleared.
Information regarding and for Short-term Employees:
- Deadlines for Short-term Employment Paperwork: January – June 2015
- Hourly Rates of Pay for Student and Temporary Employees
- Short-term and Student Hiring Regulations
- Payroll Link for Short-term Employees
Short-term Application and Action Forms: Forms Required to be submitted to HRS to begin the employment process.
For more information contact Marco Rangel at x3042.