Departments are responsible for downloading and completing the Short-term Employment Action Form prior to sending the employee to Human Resources.
Effective July 1st, 2009, all Short-term employee applicants are required to complete the following hiring requirements. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Short-term applicants must complete a Student and Short-Term Application.
- If the department extends a tentative offer of employment to a Short-term applicant, the department must complete a Short-term Employment Action Form and obtain all the appropriate signatures.
- Fingerprinting is now required for all Short-term employee applicants. The applicant must turn in his/her application along with the completed action form to Human Resource Services in order to received the Request for Live Scan (fingerprint) form. Short-term applicants are responsible for the costs associated with this process.
- Human Resource Services must receive and review the Live Scan/fingerprint report prior to the department offering a formal offer of employment.
- Hiring paperwork will still be required to be completed prior to beginning employment, but only after the Live Scan/fingerprint report is reviewed and cleared.
Information regarding and for Short-term Employees:
- Deadlines for Short-term Employment Paperwork: July through December 2014
- Hourly Rates of Pay for Student and Temporary Employees
- Hourly Rates of Pay for Student and Temporary Employees (Effective 7/1/2014)
- Short-term and Student Hiring Regulations
- Payroll Link for Short-term Employees
Short-term Application and Action Forms: Forms Required to be submitted to HRS to begin the employment process.
- Short-term and Student Application
- Attachment to Application/Criminal Conviction History Form – This form is to be turned in directly to Human Resource Services. It does not need to be given to hiring supervisors for confidentiality reasons. All Employment Action forms must have at least two levels of signatures.
- Short-term Action Form or Rehire Action Form
Short-term Employment Packet: All forms listed below need to be printed and turned in to HR by the student during their appointment and prior to starting employment, with the exception of those marked as optional.
- Policies, Procedures and Information to read
- Short-term Employment Forms
- Verification of Membership in CalPERS Form - to be completed if a CalPERS member and will not need to complete the Exclusion Form, Not Covered by Social Security Form nor the Apple Beneficiary Form
- W-4 Form
- I-9 Form
- Direct Deposit Form (optional)
Student Converting to Short-term Employment Forms:
This paperwork must be turned in before temporary employment begins.
- Rehire Action Form
- Conversion Employment Forms
- Verification of Membership in CalPERS Form – to be completed if a CalPERS member and will not need to complete the Exclusion Form, Not Covered by Social Security Form nor the Apple Beneficiary Form
For more information contact Marco Rangel at x3042.