Departments are responsible for downloading and completing the Student Employment Action Form prior to sending the employee to Human Resources.
Effective July 1st, 2009, all Student employee applicants are required to complete the following hiring requirements. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Student applicants must complete a Student and Short-Term Application.
- If the department extends a tentative offer of employment to a Student applicant, the department must complete a Student Employment Action Form and obtain all the appropriate signatures.
- Fingerprinting is now required for all Student employee applicants. The applicant must turn in his/her application along with the completed action form to Human Resource Services in order to received the Request for Live Scan (fingerprint) form. The Live Scan fee will be charged to the District for Student applicants.
- Human Resource Services must receive and review the Live Scan/fingerprint report prior to the department offering a formal offer of employment.
- Hiring paperwork will still be required to be completed prior to beginning employment, but only after the Live Scan/fingerprint report is reviewed and cleared.
Information regarding and for Student Employees:
- Deadlines for Student Employment Paperwork: January through June 2014
- Hourly Rates of Pay for Student and Temporary Employees
- Short-term and Student Hiring Regulations
- Payroll Link for Student Employees
Student Application and Action Forms: Forms Required to be submitted to HRS to begin the employment process.
- Short-term and Student Application
- Attachment to Application/Criminal Conviction History Form – This form is to be turned in directly to Human Resource Services. It does not need to be given to hiring supervisors for confidentiality reasons.
All Employment Action forms must have at least two levels of signatures.
- Student Action Form or Rehire Action Form
Student Employment Packet: All forms listed below need to be printed and turned in to HR by the student during their appointment and prior to starting employment, with the exception of those marked as optional.
- Policies, Procedures and Information to read
- Student Employment Forms
- W-4 Form
- I-9 Form
- Direct Deposit Form (optional)
For more information contact Marco Rangel at x3042.