Voluntary Plans Available for Purchase Upon Hire or During Open Enrollment:
More information on any of these plans is available by contacting Human Resources at ext. 2889.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (Mutual of Omaha)
- Auto and Homeowner’s Insurance (Liberty Mutual). Request a Quote and take advantage of group discounts with a 12-month rate guarantee. Other perks include 24/7 Enhanced Emergency Roadside Assistance, Accident Forgiveness and an optional Identity Theft Protection Plan.
- Cancer Protection (AFLAC and American Fidelity)
- Long Term Care (UnumProvident)
- Personal Accident (AFLAC and American Fidelity)
- Short Term Disability(AFLAC and American Fidelity)
- Term Life Insurance (American Fidelity)
- Term Life Insurance (Mutual of Omaha)
- Voluntary Term Life Certificate of Coverage
- Universal Life Insurance (Texas Life, administered by American Fidelity)
- Vision Insurance (AFLAC)
For more information, contact:
AFLAC: Tessa Goetz-Munster at (760) 443-6641 http://aflac.com/palomarcollege
American Fidelity: Lola Rosado at (951) 551-9148
Hyatt Legal Plan – visit Hyatt online at http://www.legalplans.com/. Enter password MetLaw for the MetLaw Plan. View a list of legal matters covered under this plan and review a list of attorneys in the network. For more information call (800) 821-6400.
Flexible Spending Plans:
- American Fidelity – (800) 325-0654, FAX: (800) 543-3539
Flexible spending plans are open only to those regular employees who have completed one year of teaching (tenure track or Child Development Center) or probationary period (classified, Administrative and CAST), and work a schedule of 50% or more. Please note: Annual re-enrollment is required. There is no rollover from one Plan year to the next.
Flex 125 FAQ’s
Flex 125 Forms – Select “Flex Benefits” and then “Education” as your industry and the appropriate array of forms will display.
Flex Online Reimbursement – Set up a login and password for access. Receipts must be uploaded to complete claim process.
- Claims may also be faxed to (800) 543.3539. If you have also completed a “Direct Deposit Request”, reimbursement will go directly to your bank.
- Include your e-mail address, legibly printed, on your claim form. You will be notified when a faxed or mailed claim is received. and when the reimbursement check has been mailed or electronic funds transfer sent to your bank.