A Unique Executive Leadership Opportunity
Palomar College seeks an experienced human resources administrator to serve as its next Assistant Superintendent/Vice President, Human Resource Services. In collaboration with a diverse and talented human resources staff, the successful candidate will serve as the executive leader of all human resources functions for the District. To apply for this opportunity, visit https://palomar.peopleadmin.com/postings/18358.
Celebrating its 70th anniversary, Palomar College is entering an exciting time of change! The Assistant Superintendent/Vice President, Human Resource Services will be poised to lead the District into its next phase. Here are just some of the immediate initiatives the successful candidate will oversee in partnership with the District’s students, faculty, staff, and administration:
- Development of the next Staffing Master Plan for the District, including Palomar’s new 110,000 square foot South Education Center, scheduled to open in 2018.
- Creation of a first-ever training and development program that supports core skills and leadership development while focusing on building professional relationships between employees.
- In conjunction with the recent launch of Palomar’s new Equal Employment Opportunity Plan, robust new EEO activities to support an increasingly diverse student population by attracting and retaining increasingly diverse faculty and staff.
An Unparalleled Educational Leader
Palomar College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive, two-year community college that serves the greater North San Diego County region. Palomar College offers over 200 associate’s degree and certificate programs to approximately 30,000 full- and part-time students. A favorite in the community among local institutions of higher education, Palomar College recently ranked #1 in community colleges in San Diego County in the San Diego’s Best of 2016 Readers Poll. And, Palomar College is just 12 miles from the glistening Pacific Ocean and 30 miles away from all of the exciting cultural activities that sunny San Diego has to offer.
The District’s most recent Economic Impact Report shows that the District contributes nearly $911 million to the region’s gross regional product by preparing students to enter the workforce and a employing a workforce of over 1,500. Exciting plans for serving more students across the District’s area are underway as Palomar College plans to add two new education centers in the north and south areas of the District and complete building projects at the main campus in San Marcos.
Learn more about Palomar College at http://www.palomar.edu.
Education required: A master’s degree from an accredited college or university in any discipline.
Experience required: Five years of full-time human resources management and technical experience, including a minimum of three years of full-time mid- or executive-level human resources management experience.
Diversity statement: Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
- Human resources experience in higher education
- Demonstrated ability to lead and represent a diverse Human Resource Services staff
- Experience working in a collegial and shared-governance environment in education, preferably in post-secondary education
- Leadership and technical experience in the following areas:
- Personnel support
- Classification and compensation, including benefits
- Recruitment and selection
- Comprehensive professional development programs
- Talent development
- Collective bargaining negotiations and contract administration
- Employer-employee relations
- EEO and diversity plans and programs
- Investigation and resolution of unlawful discrimination and sexual harassment/sexual violence complaints
- Demonstrated ability to participate as both team leader and member
Visit https://palomar.peopleadmin.com/postings/18358 for application instructions and full position details.