Each applicant is required to submit the following documents to the Palomar College Office of International Education before the application deadline date. All documents must be in English. Copies of original, official forms are acceptable for application purposes. All documents used for application purposes become the property of Palomar College and will not be copied or returned. An application package that lacks any of the following documents, without prior approval, will not be considered for admission. Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the application requirements thoroughly.
- International Student Application. Please complete the application and remember to sign and date.
- Passport Sized Photo. Paste a passport sized photo on the upper right corner of page 1 of the International Student Application.
- Programs and Majors. You must select a major from the List of Programs and Majors and enter it on both applications.
- Palomar College Application for Admission. Please complete and remember to sign and date page 6.
- Financial Statement. Funds must be equivalent to a minimum USD $18,400, statement must be dated within the last 6 months, statement must be in original, official form and be in English – internet printouts will not be accepted.
- Affidavit of Financial Support. This form must be signed by the student and the financial sponsor.
- Proof of English proficiency. Palomar College has conditional acceptance / TOEFL waiver agreements with several local intensive English programs. Please click here to view these schools.
- Proof of High School Graduation
- Transcripts. Official, original transcripts, in English of all schools attended including high school, colleges, universities (and any intensive English programs in the US). Copies of official transcripts are acceptable for application purposes. However, official transcripts are required if you wish to use prior credit earned to satisfy the requirements of your new program.
TRANSFER STUDENT APPLICANTS (only students with an I-20 from another U.S. school). You must submit items 2 through 10 PLUS items 11 through 15.
- Transfer Eligibility Clearance Form. Form must be completed by the designated school official at your current school
- Visa. Photocopy of your current visa
- Passport Admission Stamp. (of the most recent entry to the U.S. This is usually found close to your visa page.)
- Passport ID Page. Photocopy of your passport ID page
- I-20 Forms. Photocopy of all I-20 forms ever issued to you.
Email all documents to email@example.com (preferred method)
Office of International Education
1140 W Mission Rd
San Marcos, CA 92069
All items must be received by the application deadline date.
Please allow 2 weeks for processing after all required documents are received in our office. Processing time may be extended in peak times. Our goal is to send your acceptance as soon as possible.
Applications missing any items will be considered incomplete and held over for the following semester.
All documents used for application purposes become the property of Palomar College and will not be copied or returned.
All documents used for application purposes must be in English.
Age Requirement – All applicants to the Palomar College International Student Program must fulfill one of the following requirements:
- At least 18 years of age by the time the semester begins.
- Minor student (at least 17 years of age) with a proof of completion high school (equivalent to U.S. high school diploma) in the home country and have a guardian with whom she or he will stay.
All admitted students must purchase the college approved health insurance online before registering for the appropriate term. Information will be given at the time of admission.