Data shows that Learning Communities (LCs) result in greater student achievement and increased retention rates of students who might otherwise drop out of college after a semester or two. Learning Communities are your path to success!
- Students work closely with tutors who attend courses and conduct study or individual tutoring sessions outside the classroom.
- Students utilize counseling services that provide them with skills, tools, and techniques for time management, test taking, note taking, and creating educational plans.
- Students enrolled in LCs have a dedicated study and tutoring area at the TLC in San Marcos and Escondido.
- Students enjoy closer, more supportive relationships with instructors, tutors, and counselors.
- Students create stronger academic networks.
- Students develop friendships in the classroom through small group interactions and shared schedules.
- Students are actively involved in their learning process, improving their critical thinking skills through sharing and connecting topics, ideas, and assignments between classes.
- Students develop leadership and practice team building skills that are transferable to daily life.
- Students enrolled in LC’s generally pass their courses at a higher rate; they build confidence by realizing and achieving academic goals.