Learning Communities provide opportunities for faculty development through collaborative teaching with other faculty members. Faculty are excited about opportunities to team-teach, plan with faculty members from other disciplines, and expand their knowledge and understanding of successful teaching styles, techniques, and methods.
The new Teaching Learning Center in San Marcos includes a Faculty Resource Center. Benfefits to faculty include:
- Increased collaboration with students, faculty, and staff
- Increased implementation of active and collaborative teaching and learning strategies
- A quiet place forfor intellectually stimulating discussions with colleagues regarding teaching challenges
- Increased knowledge about students and their development
- Opportunities for improvement of interdisciplinary understanding and relationships
- Increased knowledge about college resources
- Increased involvement in professional development activities
- Growth and learning
It’s fun, and teaching becomes more enjoyable when you learn new ways of handling challenging situations.
Directed Learning Activities