Some new work in how memories are formed. It looks like certain mRNAs are molecularly masked and unmasked based on activity in the neuron, so that translation occurs based on which synapses are active.
- Fascinating glial cell function in retina
- First detailed microscopy evidence of ‘nanobacteria’ at the lower size limit of life
- Nanoinjector Device: New Gene Therapy Advance
- New scanner shows high-resolution images of blood vessels, soft tissue, organs and bones.
- Epigenome: The symphony in your cells : Nature News & Comment
More Worthwhile Links
- Wayne’s Word (the most interesting biology site on the Web)
- The Bridges Program
- Palomar Arboretum
- Palomar Planetarium
- HAPS: The Human Anatomy & Physiology Society
- National Association of Biology Teachers
- National Center for Science Education
- Mathematics & the Natural and Health Sciences Division
- Palomar College Home