- Fascinating glial cell function in retina
- First detailed microscopy evidence of ‘nanobacteria’ at the lower size limit of life
- Nanoinjector Device: New Gene Therapy Advance
- New scanner shows high-resolution images of blood vessels, soft tissue, organs and bones.
- Epigenome: The symphony in your cells : Nature News & Comment
More Worthwhile Links
- Wayne’s Word (the most interesting biology site on the Web)
- The Bridges Program
- Palomar Arboretum
- Palomar Planetarium
- HAPS: The Human Anatomy & Physiology Society
- National Association of Biology Teachers
- National Center for Science Education
- Mathematics & the Natural and Health Sciences Division
- Palomar College Home
Category Archives: Worthwhile Reads
eLife | The open-access journal for outstanding advances in life science and biomedicine, backed by the funders of research
eLife | The open-access journal for outstanding advances in life science and biomedicine, backed by the funders of research.
“…senescence, as W.D. Hamilton wrote in 1966, ‘is an inevitable outcome of evolution.’ Except when it’s not.” via RDFRS: Why Do We Age? A 46-Species Comparison.
“Reports trumpeting basic differences between male and female brains are biological determinism at its most trivial.” via Why it’s time for brain science to ditch the ‘Venus and Mars’ cliche | Science | The Observer.
“I don’t see the point of singling out the egghead scientists for being slow to identify Nylanderia fulva when the real trouble is bigger and structural. Americans simply don’t value basic research enough to support a system that rapidly pinpoints emerging … Continue reading
“When the news broke recently that a team of Belgian scientists had “discovered” a new body part — a ligament located just outside the knee — the first place my mind went was to Padua, Italy…” via The Secrets Inside … Continue reading
“We seem to now teach anatomy in exactly the same way that it was being taught at the end of the dark ages. Specifically, students look at bodies of animals, but are not encouraged in any way to make real … Continue reading