More Worthwhile Links
- Wayne’s Word (the most interesting biology site on the Web)
- The Bridges Program
- Palomar Arboretum
- Palomar Planetarium
- HAPS: The Human Anatomy & Physiology Society
- From HAPS: up-to-date info on a variety of scientific topics.
- National Association of Biology Teachers
- National Center for Science Education
- 2013-14 Palomar College Academic Calendar
- Mathematics & the Natural and Health Sciences Division
- Palomar College Home
Category Archives: Teaching and Learning Resources
How to see white blood cells in your eye – the Blue Field Entoptic Phenomenon – YouTube.
This is a story of what happens when a foolish scientist screws stuff up. via Building a DIY microscope | Student Science.
Finding Darwin Information on the Web via the UC Berkeley Bioscience Library
It takes $10 and 20 minutes: convert a smart phone to a digital microscope
Online research databases (through Palomar College Library). Anyone can access these databases while using campus computers. Off-campus access is for Palomar faculty and staff only; sign in using your Palomar College username and password.
Courtesy of the Palomar College Library: free access to the OED (same as a personal subscription @ $295 per year). Anyone can access the OED while using campus computers. Off-campus access is for Palomar faculty and staff only; sign in … Continue reading
An easy-to-use Jeopardy template (Google Drive)