The Bridges Program is a great opportunity for Palomar College minority students majoring in science.
- From one of the following underrepresented groups: African-American, Hispanic, Central and South American, other Hispanic, and American Indian/Alaskan (but the program is not restricted to these groups).
- Those interested in majoring in a scientific discipline.
- Those who have demonstrated the ability to be successful in science courses, and have the potential for graduate studies. GPA is less important than potential.
- Those who expect to transfer in the next two years.
- U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Financial support ($4500.00 stipend per year).
- Undergraduate research opportunities at CSUSM, where Bridges students get paid (in addition to the annual stipend) to work in research labs at CSUSM.
- Comprehensive academic and career advising, peer tutoring, and more.
How to apply:
- Contact Jim Gilardi (email@example.com; 760-744-1150 x2823).
- The only two things candidates need to turn in are a completed Bridges application (available at http://www2.palomar.edu/stem/Bridges.htm) and an unofficial copy of their transcripts (which can printed for free from eServices).
Visit the Bridges information page for further information
If you have any questions please contact Jim Gilardi at the contact info above.