Part-Time Professor, Multicultural Studies firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently Teaching: CS 100 – Introduction to Chicano Studies CS 102 – The Chicano and the American Political System
Ph.D., Cultural Studies/Political Science, Claremont Graduate University, Claremont.
M.A., Latin American Studies, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, 2005-2008
B.A., Philosophy of Science, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, 2000-2005
Minor: International Migration Studies (Issued by the Political Science Department)
• “Pies Ligeros” Ojo de Venado Cinema (2014). Duties: Producer. In progress. Rarajipar with Spanish and English subtitles. Budget awarded: 50,000.00 Dollars
• “Yo Soy Teresa Castro” Ojo de Venado Cinema (2010). Duties: Director and Producer. 26’ Pai’Pai with English subtitles. Budget awarded: 8,500.00 Dollars
• “The American Tapes” (2013). Duties: Translator, Subtitling, and Research Assistant. 134’ Director Louis Hock, Professor of Visual Arts, UCSD.
• “Pomba Branca: Dove” (2006). Duties: Director and Producer. 20’ Portuguese with English subtitles.
• “Tlacuitapa: Realities Behind a Migrant-Sending Community” (2005). Duties: Director and Producer. 30’ Spanish with English subtitles.
• Cornelius, Wayne A., and Jessa M. Lewis, eds. Impacts of Border Enforcement on Mexican Migration, the View From Sending Communities. San Diego: Center for Comparative Immigration Studies, 2007. Chapter 4, Impacts of U.S. Immigration Policies on Migration Behavior—J. Fuentes, H. L’Esperance, R. Pérez, and C. White.
• Henry Lesperance Alvarez and John Valdez, eds. Chicanos in the United States. Cognella, 2011.
• Henry Lesperance, American Hegemony And its influence On Brazilians’ Decision To Come to the United States. University of California, San Diego, 2008, 1457801 ProQuest.
• Native speaking and reading skills in Spanish.
Born and raised in Mexico City until the age of seventeen.
• Fluent in both speaking and reading Portuguese.
Completed four quarters of university course work at Brazilian universities.
• Beginner in both speaking and reading Zapoteco. Certificate for 148 hours of instruction in the language of Zapoteco del Istmo de Tehuantepec.