Professional Development Office at Palomar College
The Professional Development Office is dedicated to providing a variety of resources for Palomar College’s faculty to continue scholarship within their disciplines, to become versatile and skillful teachers, counselors, and librarians and finally, to meet the increasing demands of organizational and program innovation.
- Our professional development program is unique as compared to other community colleges!
- Because we encourage self-designed activities in addition to the many pre-planned activities.
- All Palomar College staff members are invited and encouraged to attend the many activities offered through this office.
- Board Policy 167 states: Professional Development (87-12256)
- Opportunities will be provided for faculty members to continually extend their professional competence by keeping current in their fields, by increasing their workplace effectiveness (e.g. enhancing teaching or counseling skills) and by contributing to the organizational dynamics of the College. GB 2-23-88
- The Professional Development program is intended to apply to all full-time, part-time, and temporary faculty.
- Participation is a consideration in tenure and evaluation decisions.
- Children’s Center teachers should refer to the Children’s Center Handbook for professional development requirements.
- All Palomar College staff may register for workshops and events on a space-available basis.
If you need an interpreter for any workshop or training session, please contact Denise Vanderstoel at firstname.lastname@example.org.