TracDat Assistance is Available
The SLO Coordinators are available to assist you and your department in using TracDat. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment or drop by the SLOAC office, MD-269. Training includes writing effective SLOs and assessment plans, entering and editing data into the database, and running reports. For immediate assistance, please consult the resources below:
Contact TracDat administrators: email@example.com
Visit the SLO Office
Office Hours Spring 2016
Mondays 11:30-1:30 PM
Wednesdays 11:30- 1:30 PM
No appointment needed
Department Chair SLOAC Responsibilities
SLO Facilitators should use these guidelines for supporting department SLOAC activities.
Palomar College Effective Guidelines for Program Learning Outcomes
Use the following guidelines for self-evaluation of your program’s status per accreditation standards.
- List of learning outcomes: There should be a well-organized list of comprehensive outcomes. The outcomes focus on key knowledge, skills, and values students acquire and demonstrate while enrolled in the program. National disciplinary standards have been considered, if appropriate. The program faculty have agreed on the criteria for assessing each outcome.
- Assessable outcomes: Each outcome describes how students can demonstrate learning, e.g. “Graduates can write reports using APA style” or other examples of student performance. The program faculty have agreed on the criteria for successful attainment of each outcome.
- Curriculum Alignment: A curriculum outline or map demonstrates how course SLOs align to the broader program outcomes so that students gain deeper knowledge and complexity in their learning. Course and program SLOs need to be aligned to Palomar College GE/Institutional outcomes.
- Planning: Each outcome should identify a three-year timeline for assessment plans, including when and how the outcome will be assessed and how improvements based on findings will be implemented. The plan is reviewed and updated annually.
- Next Steps: Results of outcome assessment are used for program planning and support of learning and teaching. This information can support the PRP document. This should be entered in TracDat in the Results area of the database.
- Student Experience: Students are well aware of program outcomes and assessment methods. All program outcomes are on the course syllabi and broadly publicized in other program documents. Students are adept at self-assessment in relation to the outcomes.
1. All assessment plans are to be entered into TracDat. An assessment plan identifies the course or program SLOs, assessment methods, and timeline for assessment.
2. Every SLO needs to be assessed at least every 3 years.
3. Curriculum mapping is available in TracDat. A curriculum-mapping template for dialog and planning is available to SLO Facilitators.
4. Results of assessment need to be entered soon after compiling. Action and follow-up steps are to be entered at the same time.
5. Reports in TracDat support up-to-date status and dialog for planning needs. Reports include:
a. The current list of assessment plans for all courses and programs
b. Curriculum mapping and alignment of course SLOs to Program SLOs
c. Curriculum alignment to GE/Institutional SLOs
d. Next steps: the identified action plans and follow-up
e. The next planned assessment
For TracDat information, please access the TracDat menu tab or click here.