POLICY AND PROCEDURES
The purpose of the Textbook Purchase Loan Program is to help the student temporarily cover textbook expenses. The program provides a loan up to $250.00 to students who meet minimum criteria and complete the application. Incomplete applications will be delayed. Availability of funds is not guaranteed.
- Be currently enrolled at Palomar College
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 from previous course work at Palomar College
- No outstanding loans to the college
- The student must complete the Textbook Purchase Loan Program Application.
- Upon approval the Office of Student Affairs will process the application and give a voucher to the student. The voucher is to be presented to the Palomar College Bookstore in order to purchase books.
- The student must repay the loan by the agreed dates (making payments if necessary) in cash (no checks or credit cards accepted).
- Loans must be repaid within sixty (60) days or the last day of the semester (whichever occurs first).
- A hold will be placed on the student’s records if the loan is not repaid by the established due date or end of the semester whichever occurs first.
NOTE: Only one loan will be permitted at a time. Students may be eligible for an additional textbook loan once all funds have been repaid.
Additional references for textbook assistance:
1) The Foundation Office has a Book Loan process.
2) At the Palomar College Bookstore you may purchase your books or use their textbook rental plan.