Palomar College Learning For Success

TEAM LIFE

Your Palomar College Employee Wellness Committee

Menu

10,000 steps results: Monday 9/5/13

This is Day 1 of the Palomar College Employees 10,000 steps a day challenge!

At the end of today simply comment with your total steps.  The goal of this challenge it to try to reach 10,000 steps/day.  Set your own individual goals to build up to reaching 10,000 steps.

Benefits of Walking:   http://www.getwalking.org/

So, how did you do?

22 comments on “10,000 steps results: Monday 9/5/13

1. shayla sivert on

Any easy ways to keep the pedometer in place and to keep it from resetting accidentally? (I’ve been practicing…) 🙂 Also, any suggestions for how to carry it if I’m not wearing pants or a belt?

Reply
  2. Jessica Horn on

Okay, I thought I was super active today, and I ONLY walked 6,806 steps 🙁 Tomorrow I think I am going to have to really step it up!

Reply
  3. Kelly falcone on

My total steps= 8,284. Not quite to 10,000 but my count didn’t include jazzercise, so I’m thinking I probably hit the target!!!

Reply
  4. Julie Robinson on

Ok, I have completed 9317 steps today and I am worn out.
    Never realized how much I walk when I am with my nursing students at the hospital. Wonder what this equals in feet (or miles!).

Reply
  5. Tania Silva on

Well, my pedometer flew off of me a few times yesterday & I noticed at the end of the day it was long gone. Just started the challenge and it’s gone 🙁
    So far this morning i’m above 6,000 steps – thanks for the estimation guide for miles (i’ll have to estimate until I get a new pedometer).

Reply
  6. April Cunningham on

Between walking to get to and from the Sprinter, making extra trips and taking the long way to get things done around the library, and going to the gym after work I made it to 13,164 steps. I get the feeling I won’t be posting numbers like that very often, though. 😉

Reply
  7. Diane Veach on

Is this the correct place to record steps? I had 10,523 steps yesterday, and to work to get there, being at a desk most of the day.

Reply
  8. Leann on

Okay guys, yesterday I put my pedometer on at 11 and by 2:30 I knocked it off and the clip broke (at that point I was at 2,000 steps). I guesstimate I did about 7,000 steps yesterday. Today I am ahead of the game though, I ran 3 .5 miles, but since I didn’t have my pedometer, I’m not sure how many steps I’m at 🙂

Reply
  9. Julie Robinson on

Took 3846 steps today. Not as much as yesterday though. Sat at my desk most of the day. Thanks for the estimation of steps per mile.
    Julie

Reply
  10. Tania Silva on

I found my pedometer, so the challenge is back on for me!!!! I’m thinking of walking/running the track after work to get in some extra steps if anyone is interested? I need to take advantage of my pedometer, before I lose it again.

Reply