10,000 steps results: Thursday 9/12/13

Day 4 of the 10,000 steps a day challenge!

Did you know we have 42 people in this challenge?  I think that is absolutely fantastic!  Palomar College employees rock!

The realistic way to build up to 10,000 steps a day:  “The goal of taking 10,000 steps in a day is a rough equivalent to the Surgeon General’s recommendation to accumulate 30 minutes of activity most days of the week. It should be enough to reduce your risk for disease and help you lead a longer, healthier life. But not everyone should start right out trying to get 10K a day. So instead take a comfortable, gradual approach — the 20% Boost Program” ~PBS America’s Walking

So, How did you do today? Do you think you can boost your steps by 20% tomorrow?

5 thoughts on “10,000 steps results: Thursday 9/12/13

1. I finally remembered to put this on for the first time this morning. I can’t believe I already have 2000 steps. Days that I work at Palomar shouldn’t be too much trouble to get up to 10,000 steps – I can always just go for another trip down to the student union for coffee! The days I’m home I’ll take the dog for long walks – she’s going to love this! Thanks!