Check out the December edition of the Healthy Life Newsletter. It’s filled with recommendations and even a wonderful recipe. Live well!
Here is an easy to use journal to help you keep track of your progress. Print it out and staple it together. It is a half-fold brochure made to be printed double-sided.
What does an Anti-Cancer diet look like?
How many people do you know that have been diagnosed with cancer? If we were sitting down together right now I could probably talk to you for hours about the people I personally know that have been diagnosed with cancer. Cancer is everywhere and effecting so many of us. What are you doing to reduce your risk? Wearing sunscreen, exercising, not smoking? But, is your diet helping to reduce your chances?
Anti-Cancer: A New Way Of Life is a GREAT book. But, if you don’t want to read the book at least take one hour to watch the following video:
What did you learn from this lecture?
I have a new favorite book. This book takes a look at the foods we eat and how our body digests them. The title of the book is what initially caught my eye, The Beauty Detox Solution. The premise of the book focuses on eating your way to beautiful younger looking body. Who doesn’t want a younger looking body??
One of the tips is to drink a green smoothie every morning. I started this a couple months ago and feel GREAT!!! It’s very easy and will ensure that you are getting the recommended fruits and veggies each day. Try it out!
Take out your blender…
- 1 cup water
- Greens: choose whatever greens you have, kale, spinach, lettuce, etc. I just through a whole bunch in the blender.
- Fruits: to sweeten it up add an apple and a pear or peach, or whatever fruit you have at home.
Drink this first thing in the morning while your stomach is empty. This will allow your body to get the best absorption to start off your day great.
I know it sounds yucky to many of you, but it is very nutritious and full of fiber. It’s an easy way to get your needed fruits and veggies.
Let us know if you tried and and what you think about it!!!
I would like to share with you some of my favorite Michael Pollan quotes:
- “eat sweet foods as you find them in nature”
- “Don’t eat breakfast cereals that change the color of your milk.”
- “avoid foods that have some form of sugar (or sweetener) listed among the top three ingredients”
- “Avoid food products containing ingredients that a third-grader cannot pronounce”
- “Eat only foods that will eventually rot”
- “If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don’t”
Reply to this post and tell me what these mean to you. Also, tell us how you can incorporate these simple quotes into your life.