The top three (3) teams remain the same this week. Great work Apathy Avengers!, Shrinky Dinks, and 3 Gorditos! We have now lost a combined total of 152.8 pounds! Remember to weigh-in during the scheduled times on Thursdays (12:30-4:30 pm). If you cannot make it then, please arrange a make up time with Terri Wallace x 2250 or Julie Robinson x 3713.
|Team||Average % loss|
|Thinning the Herd||-1.08%|
|Journey to Lose||-0.78%|
Healthy Tip of the Week:
Do you know how many steps you are taking each day? Do you know how many steps you are supposed to be taking?
You may have heard you should be taking 10,000 steps/day. This is a great goal and one we should always strive for!
The Walking Site reminds us of easy ways we can increase our steps:
- Take a walk with your spouse, child, or friend
- Walk the dog
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator
- Park farther from the store
- Better yet, walk to the store
- Get up to change the channel
- Window shop
- Plan a walking meeting
- Walk over to visit a neighbor
- Get outside to walk around the garden or do a little weeding
- (retrieved from http://www.thewalkingsite.com/10000steps.html)
Question for you:
What changes can you make in your daily routine to help you reach 10,000 steps/day?