The TEAM LIFE Spring 2015 wellness activities officially start this Thursday with the Health Dimensions Fair!
Health Dimensions Fair: February 5th 11am-1pm AA/ST Courtyard
Fitness Activities, professional development workshops, and the weight loss challenge start on Monday!
Fitness Activities: February 9th-April 16th
- Jazzercise: Mondays/Wednesdays 12-1 pm, room G8
- Circuit Training: Tuesdays/Thursdays 12:30-1pm, room G8
- Functional Strength Training: Mondays 4-5pm in CT-7
- Walk the campus: Tuesdays 3-4pm & Wednesdays 12-1pm. Meet at the flagpole. Contact Mike Deal email@example.com
Professional Development Seminars:
Join Kelly Falcone for seminars focused on healthy living. These workshops are held in MD-103 from 4-5pm on the following Mondays:
- 2/9: Weight Loss Behavior Change Plan
- 2/23: Designing an Exercise Program
- 3/9: Diet Analysis
- 3/23: Stress Management
- 4/6: Cancer Proofing
- 4/20: Let’s Talk About Health, Q&A
10-week Weight Loss Challenge! February 9th-April 20th
We are starting week 8 of our Biggest Loser weight loss challenge and I think it may be time for a movie!
When I find myself straying from my diet and wanting to drive thru McDonalds or grab a bag of chips and a cupcake, I know it is time to get back to what I call my healthy mind play list on Netflix. I have the following three movies in my list at all times just ready to hit play. So, what I would like you to do this week is watch one or all of them and report back to us right here on the blog!
- Food Inc.
- Forks Over Knives
- Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
Leave a comment below with your thoughts!
We are moving our Fall 2014 circuit training activity from 7-8am to 12-1pm in hopes we can get more participation!
This means there are fitness activities M-Th from 12-1pm in G-8!
The Fall 2014 TEAM LIFE activities begin today!!!!!
It’s time to get healthy!!!! Join us for the fun:
It was a hot day today, but that didn’t slow us down. Another awesome workout!!!!
Here we go again!!!! Woohoo!!! Feel the burn!
Week 4 of functional strength training was another great workout. We did handstands!!!
As the Spring semester wrap-ups I’d like to give you an update on the fitness activities we will be offering for the rest of the semester:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-8am circuit training in the aerobics room (G-8)
- Wednesdays 5-6pm Functional Strength Training in the weight room (CT-1, by the pool)
These activities will end on May 8th!
Hope to see you there and if you have any questions please comment to this post, or send an email to Kelly Falcone firstname.lastname@example.org
Another awesome workout this week and it’s FREE for Palomar College employees!!! You don’t want to miss out on this opportunity next week! Please join us!
Thanks to Buck Taylor for another awesome workout!!! Check out the picture below to see the workout: