The Palomar Faculty/Staff weight loss competition!!!!
The Biggest Loser Challenge Spring 2013!
- Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in for 10 weeks
- Weigh-in times:
- 7-8am in the aerobics room G-8,
- 8:30-10am with Terri Wallace, AA-115,
- 10:00-11:00am with Jeanna Pina-Bayaca, AA-116, or
- 9:00am-4:00 pm with Suzanne Sebring, A-4C3
- Weigh-in times:
- February 14th-April 24th.
- First weigh-in Thursday, February 14th at Health Fair and final weigh-in is Wednesday, April 24th.
- You will join with a weight loss partner and compete as a team.
- Weight loss will be calculated by your weight loss percentage. The average percentage lost between you and your partner will be used each week to assess your progress.
- Cost: $30 for each team of 2. Please pay on the first weigh-in day.
- Award: The top three teams will win a cash prize. In addition, the top female and top male losers will win a cash prize. Prize amount will be determined by the number of participants.
We have lost a lot of weight in this challenge.
Since the first challenge in the Spring of 2008 we have lost a total of 1,805 lbs!
- Spring 2008 (56 participants)= 442 lbs lost
- Fall 2008 (36 participants)= 208 lbs lost
- Spring 2009 (52 participants)= 243 lbs lost
- Spring 2010 (48 particpants)= 248 lbs lost
- Spring 2011 (48 participants)= 241 lbs lost
- Spring 2012 (22 participants)= 152 lbs lost
- Fall 2012 (32 participants)= 271 lbs lost
Please check back here for details on our next challenge! To see past challenge results check out the TEAM LIFE accomplishments page
Results are based on the percentage of weight that you lose. So, if you take your change in weight and divide it by your starting weight that is how your percentage is calculated. click here for a chart of WEIGHT LOSS PERCENTAGES
OMRON Body Fat Testing Scale:
Would you like a little journal to help you keep track of your progress? Click here to printout the TEAM LIFE Biggest Loser journal: BIGGEST LOSER participant journal
Tell us your goal for the challenge and how you will reach it! What changes are you going to make? Do you need a workout buddy? Here is a place for us all to connect! Just add a reply