The mission of the Palomar College Teaching and Learning Centers is to promote student success by providing student support, academic advising and coaching, referral to services, educational and career planning, supplemental instruction workshops, embedded tutoring, and/or tutoring. In addition, we strive to create a pleasant working space where students and faculty can come together and exchange ideas and promote a deeper level of student and faculty engagement.
The goals of the TLC are to:
- Promote academic success through the effective use of support services
- Improve faculty-student contact outside of the classroom
- Offer the best tutoring/embedded tutoring and study group support
- Assist students with identifying their educational and career goals
- Increase retention, persistence, and success for all students
- Provide a welcoming space for professional development opportunities for faculty