The TRIO Student Support Services Program is one of three original federally-funded programs authorized by Congress in the 1960’s. It was designed to provide educational support and services to assist students of first generation, low-income and disabled backgrounds to enter and complete post-secondary education.
Serve, support, guide and motivate towards academic success.
The primary purpose of our program is to increase the persistence and graduation rates of our student participants. We are committed to our students’ successful achievement in reaching their academic goal of transferring to a four-year institution and earning a degree. We strive to provide various resources that add value to their educational journey at Palomar College and beyond.
All our services are student focused and include the following:
- Academic, Career, and Transfer Advising
- Textbook Support
- Priority Registration
- Tutorial Services
- College and University Tours, Visits, lectures, and Fairs
- Computer Lab (Free printing)
- Gas Cards (If eligible)
- School Supplies
- Use of Laptops, Calculators, iPad’s and Digital Recorders
- Scholarship Information and Assistance
- Academic Success Workshops
- Leadership and Personal Development Workshops and Programs
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- College and University Search and Major Planning Meetings
- Academic and GPA Monitoring
- Mid-Semester Evaluations
- SSS Graduation/Transfer Recognition Ceremony
- And much more!