The Tutoring Committee will improve and promote tutoring services offered at Palomar College.
- Promote dialogue, understanding, and response among the disciplines with tutoring needs.
- Research, implement, and refine tutor selection and training.
- Make recommendations to the Basic Skills Committee regarding tutoring procedures and needs at Palomar College.
- Update and maintain Tutoring Services website
- Integrated tutor training across the San Marcos campus and off-campus sites
- Annual renewal of CRLA (College Reading and Learning Association) certification
- Progress and needs reports to the Faculty Senate
- A college-wide report on the usage and effects of tutoring
- Effective marketing materials for students, faculty and staff to promote the use of tutoring
Reporting Relationship: Faculty Senate
Meeting Time: 1st Thursdays of the month, 2:30 -3:30 pm.
Members: Faculty Representatives from the following areas, appointed by the Faculty Senate
- Chair is a Faculty member elected by the Committee
- Math Learning Center, Director or faculty designee
- Writing Center, Director or faculty designee
- ESL Tutoring Center, Coordinator, or faculty designee
- STAR Tutoring Center, Manager or designee
- TLC Escondido, Tutoring Center Coordinator or designee
- TLC San Marcos, Manager or designee
- Instruction, Languages and Literature, Dean
- STEM Center, Tutoring Center Coordinator or designee
- Reading Services, Full-time faculty member appointed by department
- World Languages, Full-time faculty member appointed by department
- Business Administration, Full-time faculty member appointed by department
- Disability Resource Center, Full-time faculty member appointed by department
- CSIT, Full-time faculty member appointed by department
- Faculty Resource Coordinator or designee
- Veterans Services, Veterans Services Specialist or designee