Music Practice Room Pass
PALOMAR COLLEGE ID NUMBER:__________________________
By my signature below I acknowledge receipt of a copy of and agree to abide by the Palomar College Music Practice Room Rules and Procedures.
Pass Issued by:________________________________________
PRACTICE ROOM RULES AND PROCEDURES
- PRACTICE ROOM HOURS
Monday thru Thursday: 8:15am to 8:00pm
CLOSED Friday, Saturday, Sunday and all holidays.
- Outside Practice Passes are green.
- Inside Practice Passes are orange.
- Outside practice rooms are open from 8:15am – 4:15pm.
- A Practice Pass is needed to open practice rooms between 4:15pm and 8:00pm. Contact Campus Police for access during these hours.
Green Practice Passes are for students who are taking at least one music class AND intend to practice between 4:15 and 8:00pm Monday thru Thursday. The green Practice Pass is for the OUTSIDE practice rooms only.
Orange Practice Passes for students who are enrolled in Applied Music, or DECLARED Music Majors who are enrolled in at least one music class and intend to practice between 4:15 and 8:00pm Monday – Thursday. The orange practice pass also grants access to the outside practice rooms.
Students enrolled in Applied Music or who are declared Music Majors and are enrolled in at least one music class will be issued a code for the door to the inside practice rooms. The codes will only work between 8:15am and 4:15pm. Between 4:15 and 8:00pm contact Campus Police for access.
Steps to obtain a Practice Pass:
- Fill out a practice pass request. This can be obtained from Tom Daily in the Music Instructional Support Office, from the bin outside room D-16, or online at http://www2.palomar.edu/performingarts/forms/.
- Bring your driver’s license or ID to the Music Instructional Support Office, Room D-1BB. Call 760-744-1150 extension 2327 for access. You may also put a GOOD photocopy of your ID photo in Tom Daily’s mailbox in D-23. If you do this, be sure your name is readable and that your Palomar ID number is written on the paper. For privacy reasons, put these items in a sealed envelope in the D-23 mailbox.
- Once enrollment is verified, it will take two working days to produce your pass. You can pick it up in D-1BB or it will be given to your instructor to pass onto you.
The music area practice rooms are intended for music practice only. They are not to be used for any other purpose.
Any inappropriate activity may result in suspension of practice room privileges, and may also result in disciplinary action.
NO FOOD OR BEVERAGES (except bottled water) ARE ALLOWED IN ANY PRACTICE ROOM AT ANY TIME!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the practice rooms, please contact Tom Daily, Music Area Instructional Support Assistant, in room D-1BB. Phone number is 760-744-1150 extension 2327.