Ushering for Performing Arts Events
- Ushers are asked to wear black bottoms and white tops. Black denim jeans are acceptable, as long as the jeans are not worn, are free from any holes or tears, and are a solid black color. Sneakers or tennis shoes are not appropriate. Anyone not dressed appropriately will not be allowed to usher.
- Ushers should arrive to the venue one (1) hour prior to the start of the performance (if the performances starts at 8:00pm, ushers arrive at 7:00pm.)
- There is no chewing gum, no cell phone or texting during the event.
- Ushers may be asked to stand for up to 45 minutes at a time.
- You may be asked to: take tickets, hand out programs, pass out pre-paid will-call tickets, or assist with the concession stand.
- All ushers will be given an introduction to the venue as will as important instructions on safety practices and standards.
- Ushers will be expected to remain in the venue for the entire performance, and will assist with closing down the venue when the performance is over.
- Once all tasks are completed, you are free to go. At that time, the House Manager will sign a program indicating that you have completed your ushering duties.
For additional information, please contact Heather Murray, Box Office/House Manager at email@example.com or 760-744-1150 x 3049.