2012-13 Theme: The Right To Think?! Science, Politics and Public Perception
Here at Palomar College, critical thinking is integrated across many disciplines. Join this year's learning experience by contributing to our dialogue on "The Right To Think" at Palomar College, in academia and the world that surrounds it. Silence = Death
<p>In our current political and economic climate, what are the obstacles and challenges to creating a well-informed citizenry capable of grappling with the difficult choices that face our nation? </p>
More About Our Company
The Performing Hearts project at Palomar College fosters community dialogue through live events that open people”s hearts, eyes and minds. Pablo Picasso famously described art as, “A lie that reveals the truth.” We offer performances and public gatherings that provide an occasion to analyze aspects of our society and the human condition from the multiple perspectives provided by differing academic disciplines. This Blog site is the hub that will connect all the conversations and collect the documentation.
The Theme for 2012-13 is “The Right To Think?! Science, Politics and Public Perception.”
The Theme for 2011-12 was LGBTQ Awareness. Gender and sexuality in American culture.
- Our community includes the locality of Palomar College and it”s surroundings, plus the virtuality of all those who engage with us via the blog.
- We build community through shared experience and dialogue about the diverse struggles of marginalized peoples and groups among us and other pressing issues of the day.
- We provide a springboard for civil discourse both in person and on the internet .
- We connect classrooms by finding common ground between disciplines and bringing faculty and students from different disciplines into a shared discussion.
- We promote awareness, critical thinking creative problem solving through dialogue.
Recent Blog Posts
October 1, 2012 |
September 17, 2012 |
In our current political and economic climate, what are the obstacles and challenges to creating a well-informed citizenry capable of grappling with the difficult choices that face our nation?
August 17, 2012 |
Faculty Participant Join Here
August 15, 2012 |
Critical Thinking Under Attack
August 14, 2012 |
Paragon Springs Interview of Steven Deitz and William Brown courtesy of www.timelinetheatre.com TimeLine’s...